Transportation planning is a major component of project development. Staff performs the following duties:
- Prepares Traffic Impact Statements (TIS) for applications generating 40 or more average daily vehicle trips (advt).
- Reviews applications impacting County roads to ensure compliance with Community Development Code (CDC) and other County standards.
- Evaluates impacts to the transportation system and identifies necessary improvements.
- Reviews Right-of-Way permit applications to ensure compliance with access-spacing and sight-distance standards.
- Reviews applications subject to the Public Transportation Facilities standards (Article VII) of the CDC.
Additionally, all new developments are subject to the County’s Transportation Development Tax (TDT).