Customer Advisory (COVID-19)
All Washington County Department of Land Use & Transportation (LUT) offices are closed to the public to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
We continue to provide service to our customers remotely. Business can be transacted by phone, email or online. Please be patient. Due to limited staffing, responses and reviews may take longer than usual.
Use our online Public Permitting and Services Portal at WashCoORACA.com for development applications, facility permits, right-of-way permits, to pay for building permits, schedule inspections and more. More remote resources
Current Planning and Development Assistance
Address: 155 N First Ave., Ste. 350, MS 13; Hillsboro, OR 97124
- Land Use Compatibility Statements (LUCS) for septic permits (Email or fax)
- General questions (Email or phone)
- Pre-application conference and flood plain information (Online Public Permitting and Services Portal)
- Pre-application meetings (Phone or teleconference)
- Land development applications (Mail; track progress online Public Permitting and Services Portal)
Principal Planner: Tom Harry
Development in unincorporated Washington County must comply with plans, policies and codes from the County, state and Metro. Staff work with developers, consultants and citizens to ensure it’s done safely and correctly.
Many projects require development review approval before building permits are issued. Staff reviews all proposals to ensure they adhere to the Community Development Code (CDC). The CDC regulates land use and development activities in unincorporated areas of the County.
Questions & Development Assistance? Email the Current Planning section.