Facial coverings are required in all County buildings; disposable masks are available at building entrances.
All customers are strongly encouraged to conduct business remotely whenever possible. Most services are available remotely - online, by phone or via U.S. Mail - 24 hours/day, seven days a week.
Land Use & Transportation offices are closed, effective Jan. 18. In-person services are available by appointment only during normal business hours.
Remote services (24 hours/day, seven days a week):
- Public Permitting and Services Portal
- Electronic Plan Review/ProjectDox
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems
- SelecTXT Inspection Scheduling System
- 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Thursday
- Closed Friday to walk-in traffic; staff responds to phone messages and emails.
Services, including returning phone calls and emails,
Division Manager: Andy Back | Principal Planner: Stephen Shane
Development in unincorporated Washington County must comply with plans, policies and codes from the County, state and Metro. We work with developers, consultants and the public to make sure work is done safely and correctly.
We review all development proposals to make sure they meet requirements in the Community Development Code, which regulates land use and development activities in unincorporated Washington County.