Transit Development Plan
Our Transit Development Plan lists priorities for each two-year state budget. It also includes public transportation longer-term priorities.
Our plan, adopted in 2021, meets the Oregon Department of Transportation Statewide Transportation Improvement Funds (STIF) eligibility requirements.
The plan meet the following state requirements to:
- Provide more frequent bus service to low-income areas.
- Expand bus routes and services to low-income areas.
- Fund reduced-fare programs in low-income areas.
- Use low- or no-emission vehicles.
- Improve service to TriMet and South Metro Area Regional Transit (SMART) areas.
- Coordinate between service providers to improve service connections.
- Provide transit service for students in grades 9-12.
The Board of Commissioners appointed a Transit Advisory Committee to recommend the plan. The committee includes the community, transit providers and others. It is part of TriMet's Tri-county Public Transportation Improvement Plan and has approval from:
- TriMet HB 2017 Transit Advisory Committee
- TriMet Board of Directors
- Oregon Transportation Commission