Complete Streets Design Update
Complete Streets are roads designed to offer safe and accessible travel to everyone. All types of transportation are included (vehicles, pedestrians, bicycles, wheelchairs and public transportation). We will be updating our Road Design and Construction Standards and other documents to improve how we design the transportation system.
Our goal is to move people and goods efficiently on all county roads by:
- Improving balance: Many of our streets don’t offer safe and comfortable access for everyone. We need connected sidewalks, bike facilities and crosswalks.
- Plan implementation: Our Transportation System Plan prioritizes Complete Streets Design. It includes policies supporting separated bike lanes, well-marked crossings and more.
- Coordination: We will be working with our neighboring cities, utilities, school districts and TriMet.
Want to be in the loop? Join our mailing list.
- Bicycle Facility Design Toolkit
- Community Development Code
- Community Plans
- Road Design and Construction Standards
Share Your Comments