Annual Long Range Planning Work Program
The 2021-22 Long Range Planning Annual Work Program was adopted by the Washington County Board of Commissioners at its June 22 meeting.
The Annual Work Program identifies tasks for our Transportation and Community Planning staff. These tasks include ordinances, studies, projects and other activities. Priority tasks in the 2021-22 Annual Work Program include:
- Implementing House Bill 2001 (Middle Housing) which encourages development of a range of housing types and supports measures to increase housing affordability.
- Addressing follow-up work on Significant Natural Resources to complement adopted A-Engrossed Ordinance No. 869 and Significant Natural Resources Program Review and Assessment findings.
- Developing a short-term rentals regulation program.
- Initiating a Countywide Transit Study to increase transit use to meet potential demand identified in the Transportation Futures and First and Last Mile studies.
- Reviewing County road design and construction standards to better reflect the County land use areas through the Complete Streets Design Update.
Charter Amendment, effective 2021
In November 2020, voters approved an amendment to the County Charter allowing hearings on land use ordinances to occur all year.
In support of this change, the Long Range Planning Annual Work Program development and adoption now occurs in spring, to align with the County’s fiscal year which begins July 1. See Charter Amendment