Comprehensive Plan Documents
The Washington County Comprehensive Plan includes the policies, strategies and standards that guide land use and transportation plans. It contains:
- Community Development Code
- Community Plans
- Comprehensive Framework Plan for the Urban Area
- Resource Document: Available for in-office viewing; email for appointment.)
- Transportation System Plan
- Urban Planning Area Agreements: The State of Oregon requires each city and county to have Urban Planning Area Agreements (UPAAs) that describe and coordinate long-range planning for areas of mutual interest within regional Urban Growth Boundaries (UGB).
Changes to UPAAs update planning area boundaries or policies. Because UPAAs are part of the County Comprehensive Plan, all changes are approved by the Washington County Board of Commissioners through ordinances.