Comprehensive Plan Documents
The Washington County Comprehensive Plan provides the policies and implementing strategies and standards which guide general land use and transportation plans. The Comprehensive Plan includes:
- Capital Improvements Projects
- Community Development Code
- Community Plans
- Comprehensive Framework Plan for the Urban Area
- Exceptions Document
- Pedestrian & Bicycle Plan (A subset of the Washington County Transportation Plan)
- Public Facilities Plan
- Resource Document (Available in the Long Range Planning Section office)
- Urban Planning Area Agreements (UPAAs) recognize and map cities’ planning areas. They lay out policies for coordinating planning and development agreed to by the County and cities in compliance with state planning goals and laws.
In Oregon, cities and counties must have these agreements in place to describe and coordinate long-range planning activities for areas of mutual interest within the regional Urban Growth Boundary (UGB).
Changes to these agreements are needed to update planning area boundaries or policies. Because all Urban Planning Area Agreements are part of the County Comprehensive Plan, the Board of County Commissioners approves all changes through an ordinance.
Transportation System Plan