Block party authorizations
Washington County Operations and Maintenance Division processes permits for events such as walk/bike races, parades, film and video and block parties.
Visit the Public Permitting and Services Portal for applications for these events and more.
First-time users will need to first complete the one-time account registration process. Watch the "How to Register” video
Once an account is created, users can:
- Apply for Block Party Authorizations: Qualifying streets include dead-end streets and cul-de-sacs. Other neighborhood streets may be approved on a case-by-case basis. The block party must be supported by the residents of each dwelling fronting the street to be closed. Download application
- Track status
- View results
- Conduct a search View "How to Search” video
Application submittal requirements
- Completed Block Party Authorization Application via the Public Permitting and Services Portal. Download the PDF
- Completed Block Party Street Closure Petition form (signed by a representative of each dwelling fronting the street to be closed)
- Map showing the street to be closed and houses facing it
- Block party hours are limited to daylight.
- Comply with all county and city ordinances.
- Close off the street with materials that adequately mark the closed-to-vehicles area. Vehicles may NOT be used to close off the street.
- Emergency vehicle access must be maintained at all times.
- The day of the block party, notify Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue of the block party by calling non-emergency dispatch: 503-629-0111.
- After the block party is over, the area must be cleaned up promptly.