Why are street lights installed in some areas but not in others?

Streetlights are typically installed by developers as part of developments. They are also be installed when roads are rebuilt through a voter-approved levy, or for safety.

Who pays for streetlights on neighborhood streets?

Property owners pay for streetlights through the Service District for Lighting property tax assessment.

Who should I contact if a street light needs repair?

Portland General Electric (PGE) maintains most streetlights. If there is a PGE tag at the base of the pole, submit a repair request directly to PGE

If there is no PGE tag, submit a repair request to us by calling 503-846-ROAD (7623), emailing or submitting a service request

Can I get streetights on my street?

Yes. New streetlights are paid for by property owners. The majority must agree. Call 503-846-3679 for information.