Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) includes road and traffic signal technology. ITS makes it safer and easier for people to drive, cycle, walk and roll.
We can use ITS to:
- Move traffic more effectively.
- Manage traffic using “smart signals” that responds to the needs of travelers.
- Help clear traffic incidents more quickly.
- Provide better information to travelers about road conditions.
- Reduce traffic maintenance costs.
- Improve transportation system efficiency.
- Increase road capacity.
- Eliminate traffic congestion.
What is an ITS Plan?
The ITS Plan is a technical document. It includes the policy and process for using ITS to improve travel in our County.