Board adopts 2020-21 Long Range Planning Annual Work Program
For Immediate Release: Tuesday, April 07, 2020
The Washington County Department of Land Use & Transportation's 2020-21 Long Range Planning Annual Work Program was adopted by the Board of Commissioners at its April 7 meeting.
The work program identifies Long Range Planning staff's annual tasks including ordinances, projects and other transportation and community planning activities. Priorities include:
- Continued support for developing housing affordable to people of all income levels, including implementation of House Bill 2001 (middle housing)
- Implementation of Significant Natural Resources Program Review and Assessment recommendations
- Regulations to allow visitor-oriented activities at farm breweries/cideries as permitted by state law
- Development of a program to regulate short-term rentals
- Review of County road design and construction standards to more appropriately reflect the land use contexts within the county though the Complete Streets Design Update
- Transportation planning for urban reserves and the Cooper Mountain area to evaluate the cumulative impact of future development on the countywide transportation system
For more information and the complete list of tasks, visit Annual Long Range Work Program.
Washington County is committed to planning and protecting the uses of the land - balancing care for the natural environment, economic development, safety and community livability.
Media Contact:Melissa De Lyser, Public Affairs and Communications Manager