209th Avenue construction begins in June
For Immediate Release: Friday, May 20, 2022
Learn about construction starting June 1 at the 209th Avenue construction kickoff open house.
SW 209th Avenue between Alexander Street and Kinnaman Road will be improved by:
- Widening 209th Avenue to five lanes: Two travel lanes in each direction and a center-turn lane.
- Upgrading gates, lights, signals and crossing at the railroad tracks south of Tualatin Valley Highway.
- Upgrading the traffic signal at the 209th Avenue and TV Highway intersection.
- Upgrading the traffic signal at the 209th Avenue and Blanton Street intersection
- Adding bike lanes and upgrading sidewalks on 209th Avenue.
- Installing about 800 feet of new sidewalk on the north side of Alexander Street between 209th Avenue and the existing sidewalk to the east.
- Adding bus pullouts on TV Highway at 209th Avenue.
- Improving street lighting.
- Adding landscaping, a regional stormwater treatment facility and new conveyance system.
We are planning two road closures: One north of TV Highway and one south of the highway. We are coordinating the closures with the Century Boulevard and Cornelius Pass Road construction. Intersection improvements will require nighttime lane closures and flagging on TV Highway near 209th Avenue.
Washington County is committed to planning, building and maintaining a great transportation system, ensuring the safety of all roadway users, and operating the County roadway system in cost-effective and environmentally responsible manner.
Media Contact:Heather Sturgill, Senior Communication Specialist