Comment on the Long Range Planning Draft Work Program
For Immediate Release: Tuesday, April 06, 2021
Comment on the Washington County Department of Land Use & Transportation FY 2021-22 Long Range Planning Draft Work Program through 5 p.m. May 7.
The Annual Work Program identifies tasks for Washington County Transportation and Community Planning staff. These tasks include ordinances, studies, projects and other activities. Priority tasks in the FY 2021-22 Long Range Planning Draft Work Program include:
- Implementing House Bill 2001 (Middle Housing) which encourages development of a range of housing types and supports measures to increase housing affordability
- Follow-up work on Significant Natural Resources to compliment A-Engrossed Ordinance No. 869 and Significant Natural Resources Program Review and Assessment findings
- Developing a short-term rentals regulation program
- Initiating the Countywide Transit Study to increase transit use to meet potential demand identified in the Transportation Futures and First and Last Mile studies
- Review of County Road Design and Construction Standards to better reflect the County land use areas through the Complete Streets Design Update
Submit comments by 5 p.m. May 7 by either:
- Email: Include full name, street address, company/organization affiliation (if applicable) and other relevant contact information
- U.S. Mail: Long Range Planning Section, Department of Land Use & Transportation, 155 N. First Ave., Ste. 350 MS14, Hillsboro, OR 97124
All comments received by 5 p.m. May 7 will be provided to the Washington County Board of Commissioners prior to adoption of the final work program. Learn more: Annual Long Range Work Program
Washington County is committed to planning and protecting the uses of the land – balancing care for the natural environment, economic development, safety and community livability.
Media Contact:Melissa De Lyser