Aloha Community Planning Open House is April 3
For Immediate Release: Thursday, March 14, 2019
Moving Forward TV Highway
This study is focused on developing plans to guide transportation efforts on TV Highway between Cornelius Pass Road and 160th Avenue. Goals include:
- Improving safety and balancing the travel needs for all modes of travel
- Enhancing neighborhood livability and transit access
Proposed designs will be available for feedback, which will help staff finalize concepts.
Proposed Aloha Tomorrow Ordinance
This proposed ordinance includes amendments to the Community Development Code and/or the Aloha-Reedville-Cooper Mountain Community Plan that affect future development in the Aloha town center area. The amendments are based on recommendations from the Aloha Tomorrow study and the Aloha-Reedville Study and Livable Community Plan:
- Building orientation and setback requirements Building design and façade requirements
- Parking location requirements
- Allowing more variety of mixed land uses (commercial and residential uses) in specific areas
- Limiting new drive-thrus along TV Highway
Staff will be available to share information and answer questions. No formal presentations are planned; stop by any time. For more information, email Long Range Planning or call 503-846-3519. For a sign or spoken language interpreter, please call 503-846-3424 (or 7-1-1 for Telecommunications Relay Service) at least 48 hours prior to this event.
Washington County is committed to planning and protecting the uses of the land – balancing care for the natural environment, economic development, safety and community livability.
Media Contact:Melissa De Lyser, Public Affairs and Communications Manager