Washington County roads closed due to high water
For Immediate Release: Friday, January 31, 2020
As of noon Friday (Jan. 31), closed roads include:
- 334th Avenue, Tualatin-Valley Highway to the end of the road
- Fern Hill Road, Taylor Way to Geiger Road
- Susbauer Road, between Long and Hornecker roads
Travelers must use alternate routes for these roads. Flood gates and/or barricades are in place for traveler safety. Moving or driving around barricades is not only dangerous, but against the law, with a potential fine of $260. To report someone moving or traveling around a barricade, call the Washington County Sheriff’s Office nonemergency dispatch at 503-629-0111.
The National Weather Service is forecasting rain through Sunday. It is possible additional road closures may result. A map and list of road closures and other traffic impacts is available on wc-roads.com. Information is also available on Twitter at @WashCoRoads.
Avoid traveling on roads covered by water. Even a few inches of flowing water can sweep vehicles, bicycles and pedestrians off the road. Turn around, don’t drown. To report flooded roads or other road hazards:
- Call 911 (life-threatening emergency)
- Call 503-629-0111 (after hours, nonemergency)
- Call 503-846 ROAD (7623) during business hours or email
- Submit an online request for nonemergency road service
Washington County is committed to planning, building and maintaining a great transportation system, ensuring the safety of all roadway users and operating the County roadway system in a cost-effective and environmentally responsible manner.
Media Contact:Melissa De Lyser, Communications Manager