Meet the Contractor for Elwert-Kruger Intersection Project is July 25
For Immediate Release: Thursday, July 11, 2019
Staff from Washington County, the city of Sherwood and the contractor will be available to answer questions. The event is open house format; no formal presentation is planned.
The Elwert-Kruger project includes:
- Two-lane roundabout northeast of current intersection
- Realignment of portions of Kruger and Elwert Roads
- Road widening and additional lanes on Elwert Road, Kruger Road, Haide Road, Sunset Boulevard and Highway 99W
- Intersection and signal improvements at Highway 99W/Elwert Road
- Traffic signals at Elwert/Haide roads and Elwert/Edy roads
- Bike and pedestrian improvements
Construction is anticipated for July 2019-July 2020 and will include an extended closure of Elwert Road.
This project is funded through the County’s Major Streets Transportation Improvement Program (MSTIP) with contributions from the Sherwood School District and the city of Sherwood.
For more information, visit the project page or contact Capital Project Services at 503-846-7800 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need a sign or spoken language interpreter, please call 503-846-7822 (or 7-1-1 for Telecommunications Relay Service) at least 48 hours prior to this event.
Washington County is committed to planning, building and maintaining a great transportation system, ensuring the safety of all roadway users, and operating the County roadway system in cost-effective and environmentally responsible manner.
Media Contact:Melissa De Lyser, Public Affairs and Communications Manager