Access closes between Elwert/Kruger roads and Highway 99W
For Immediate Release: Monday, March 23, 2020Access between Elwert/Kruger roads and Highway 99W will close April 13-June 30 for construction of a roundabout and other work, pending completion of paving on Elwert and Haide roads.
|Click to enlarge|
Access between Elwert/Kruger roads and Highway 99W will close April 13-June 30 for construction of a roundabout and other work.
Elwert and Kruger roads will remain open to traffic with lane closures. Flaggers may stop traffic for up to 10 minutes at a time.
Travelers must use Edy Road to access Highway 99W and SW Sunset Boulevard.
The Elwert-Kruger project includes:
- Two-lane roundabout northeast of the current intersection
- Realignment of portions of Kruger and Elwert roads
- Widening of Kruger Road
- Widening and additional lanes on Elwert and Haide roads, Sunset Boulevard and Highway 99W
- Intersection and signal improvements at Highway 99W/Elwert Road
- Traffic signals at Elwert/Haide roads and Elwert/Edy roads
- Bike and pedestrian improvements
- Street lighting
- Sewer line and storm drainage
Construction is scheduled through July 2020. This project is funded through the County’s Major Streets Transportation Improvement Program (MSTIP) with contributions from the Sherwood School District and the city of Sherwood.
Washington County is committed to planning, building and maintaining a great transportation system, ensuring the safety of all roadway users, and operating the County roadway system in cost-effective and environmentally responsible manner.
Media Contact:Melissa De Lyser, Public Affairs and Communications Manager