Fern Hill Road reopens after flooding
For Immediate Release: Monday, January 29, 2018
Fern Hill Road has reopened to all traffic. The road was closed from Taylor Way to Geiger Road, using Washington County's new manual-locking flood gates, from Jan. 27-29 due to flooding.
Travelers should be aware of water on roads. Six inches is enough to cause a driver to lose control of a vehicle. If a roadway is covered in water, turn around, don't drown.
To request help or report a road hazard:
- Call 9-1-1 (life-threatening emergency).
- Cal 503-629-0111 (after hours, non-emergency).
- Call 503-846-ROAD (846-7623) or e-mail email@example.com (during business hours).
- Submit an online request for non-emergency road service.
- Call Clean Water Services at 503-847-8100 to report flooding in urban unincorporated areas (outside of cities).
Washington County is committed to planning, building and maintaining a great transportation system, ensuring the safety of all roadway users and operating the county roadway system in a cost-effective and environmentally responsible manner.
Media Contact:Melissa De Lyser, Communications Manager