Kruger Road opens; Haide and Elwert roads close
For Immediate Release: Friday, January 17, 2020
Elwert Road, between Kruger and Edy roads, and Haide Road, between the Elwert Road and the future Sherwood High School access road, are expected to close Feb. 3-April 1 for the Elwert-Kruger roads intersection improvement project.
Kruger Road will reopen at the same time.
All through traffic will be detoured to Edy Road and Highway 99W (Pacific Highway West). Sunset Boulevard/Kruger Road access to Highway 99W will remain open, as will the future high school’s access road.
Local traffic only will have access to properties between Kruger Road and the Elks property entrance from Sunset Boulevard/Kruger Road. Local traffic may access properties between Edy and Haide roads from Edy Road. All other traffic must use the signed detour.
Haide Road is accessible from the future Sherwood High School access road.
The Elwert-Kruger project includes:
- Two-lane roundabout northeast of the current intersection.
- Realignment of portions of Kruger and Elwert roads.
- Widening of Kruger Road.
- Widening and additional lanes on Elwert and Haide roads, Sunset Boulevard and Highway 99W.
- Intersection and signal improvements at Highway 99W/Elwert Road.
- Traffic signals at Elwert/Haide roads and Elwert/Edy roads.
- Bike and pedestrian improvements.
- Street lighting.
- Sewer line and storm drainage.
Construction is scheduled through July 2020, with additional road closures expected. This project is funded through the County’s Major Streets Transportation Improvement Program (MSTIP) with contributions from the Sherwood School District and the city of Sherwood.
Washington County is committed to planning, building and maintaining a great transportation system, ensuring the safety of all roadway users, and operating the County roadway system in cost-effective and environmentally responsible manner.
Media Contact:Melissa De Lyser, Public Affairs and Communications Manager