Open house focuses on housing affordability, availability
For Immediate Release: Monday, June 03, 2019
Learn about Washington County’s work on housing availability and affordability during an open house from 5:30-7:30 p.m. June 17 at Portland Community College Willow Creek Campus, 241 SW Edgeway Drive.
Staff from the Washington County departments of Housing, Community Development and Land Use & Transportation will be available to share information about efforts to address housing issues in the County. No formal presentations are planned; stop by at any time during the event.
- Efforts to increase construction of accessory dwelling units (ADUs), planned developments, cottage housing and other housing types.
- Density bonuses and other incentives to encourage affordable housing development.
- Assessment of current land uses near commercial centers and corridors.
- Investments in new affordable housing and sustainability of existing housing.
- Low-interest housing rehabilitation loans and grants for seniors, disabled and other qualified individuals and families.
- Rebates and grants to replace wood stoves with new, clean heat sources.
- Efforts to rollout the Metro Regional Affordable Housing Bond.
- How to access rental subsidy programs.
For more information, email Long Range Planning or call 503-846-3519. A Spanish interpreter will be available. For an interpreter in languages other than Spanish or a sign language interpreter, please call 503-846-3424 (or 7-1-1 for Telecommunications Relay Service) at least 48 hours prior to this event.
Washington County is committed to planning and protecting the uses of the land – balancing care for the natural environment, economic development, safety and community livability.
Media Contact:Melissa De Lyser, Public Affairs and Communications Manager