New portal to improve community access to Washington County services
For Immediate Release: Thursday, October 24, 2019
Washington County is in the process of launching the Washington County Public Permitting and Services Portal, a new online system to allow the community to better connect with County services.
The new portal will not be active until noon Nov. 4. Implementation of the new technology will impact two County departments’ online services and office hours between 5 p.m. Oct. 30 and noon Nov. 4.
Department of Land Use & Transportation
- 5 p.m. Oct. 30 through noon Nov. 4: Online permitting services, including the interactive phone system for scheduling inspections, will be unavailable.
- 5 p.m. Oct. 30 through 8 a.m. Nov. 4: Right-of-way inspections may be scheduled only via email@example.com.
- 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Oct. 31 and 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Nov. 1: The following services will only be available in the LUT Planning and Development Services office:
- Submission of paper building permit applications
- Dropping off plans
- Scheduling inspections for building permits (May also be scheduled by calling 503-846-3470)
- 8 a.m.-noon Nov. 4: Planning and Development Services office closed to allow staff onboarding time.
- Noon Nov. 4: New Washington County Public Portal will be live; office open.
- 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Oct. 31 and 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Nov. 1: The following septic system services will only be available in the office:
- Submission of paper septic applications, with payment of cash or check only
- Hard files searches for records
- General questions
- 8 a.m.-noon Nov. 4: Office closed for all septic system services to allow staff onboarding time.
- Noon Nov. 4: New Washington County Public Portal will be live; offices open for all septic system services.
Once operational, the new Washington County Public Portal will be available 24/7. First-time users will need to register and create an account. Once registered, users can:
- Track status of building permits
- Schedule building inspections
- Track development applications and public notices
- Apply for right-of-way permits
- Submit applications for signal shutdowns and full road closures
- Submit applications for facility permits and track status
- Apply for and monitor septic permits and activities
- Submit code enforcement and nuisance complaints
Information on how to access the Washington County Public Portal will be available in multiple locations on the Washington County website at www.co.washington.or.us once the system is active.
Please be patient. The system is new, and some activities may take longer than usual. Please plan accordingly.
Washington County is committed to planning and protecting the uses of the land and to building and maintaining a great transportation system -- balancing care for the natural environment, economic development, safety and community livability.
Media Contact:Melissa De Lyser, Public Affairs and Communications Manager