Submit comments on Draft FY 2019-20 Road Maintenance Program
For Immediate Release: Tuesday, March 05, 2019
Review and comment on proposed Washington County road maintenance activities for FY 2019-20.
The Department of Land Use & Transportation (LUT) will accept comments on the Draft FY 2019-20 Road Maintenance Program through 5 p.m. April 12. Submit comments online, via email or by calling 503-846-ROAD (846-7623).
Highlights from the Draft FY 2019-20 Road Maintenance program include:
- Over 6 miles of machine patch paving in rural areas
- Nearly 25 miles of chip seal treatments on rural roads
- Over 19 miles of contract paving in the rural area
- Paving on 65th Avenue and Fischer Road in the urban area
- Nearly 7 miles of paving on in the Urban Road Maintenance District
Staff will use comments received to develop the final list of projects, which is expected to go before the Washington County Board of Commissioners for action in June.
Washington County is committed to planning, building and maintaining a great transportation system, ensuring the safety of all roadway users, and operating the County roadway system in a cost-effective and environmentally responsible manner.
Media Contact:Melissa De Lyser, Public Affairs and Communications Manager