Comment on the Transit Development Plan open house
For Immediate Release: Friday, October 02, 2020
Take an online survey on the Transit Development Plan project to help identify improvements to public transportation in rural Washington County and the cities of Banks, Gaston and North Plains.
Washington County, in partnership with Ride Connection, Inc., is preparing the plan to identify public transportation priorities to meet Keep Oregon Moving (House Bill 2017) legislation requirements. Learn more
The online open house survey asks for feedback on:
- Expansion of bus routes and more frequent service.
- Additional service hours earlier and/or later in the day.
- Improved connections among services offered by different transit providers in Washington, Clackamas, Columbia, Tillamook and Yamhill counties.
- Improved access to transit including bike lanes, sidewalks, ADA ramps and crosswalks.
- Transit stop improvements such as lighting, seating, curb ramps and more.
- More park-and-ride facilities.
A Transit Committee, appointed by the Washington County Board of Commissioners, is assisting with the development of the plan. Meetings are open to the public and include time for public comment.
The Transit Development Plan online open house survey has 18 brief questions about transportation services in the rural area and participant demographics. Participants also have an opportunity to share additional thoughts not covered by the questions. The survey takes less than 10 minutes to complete. The Transit Committee will consider all survey results when developing the plan.
Washington County is committed to planning, building and maintaining a great transportation system, ensuring the safety of all roadway users, and operating the County roadway system in a cost-effective and environmentally responsible manner.
Media Contact:Melissa De Lyser, Public Affairs and Communications Manager