Construction to impact Verboort-Purdin roads, Hwy 47, Porter Road Bridge
For Immediate Release: Friday, July 08, 2016
Porter Road Closure extended through Nov. 18
The Porter Road Bridge closure between Hwy 47 and Verboort Road has been extended through Nov. 18. More information can be found on the Porter Road Bridge website.
Traffic impacts associated with the construction of theVerboort-Purdin Road/Hwy 47 roundabout and the Porter Road Bridge are starting next week.
The tentative schedules and traffic impacts are as follows:
- July 11 through mid-August (roundabout; see
detour map at right):
- Purdin at Hwy 47, eastbound - right turn only
- Verboort at Hwy 47, westbound - right turn only
- Hwy 47 at Verboort-Purdin, northbound – through traffic or right turn.
- Hwy 47 at Verboort-Purdin, southbound – through traffic or right turn.
- August 1 through Oct. 31 (bridge)
- Porter Road Bridge - closed.
- Mid-August through late September (roundabout):
- Access to Purdin Road, west of Hwy 47 - closed. Detour information to follow.
- Access to Hwy 47 at Verboort Road.
The Verboort-Purdin Road/Hwy 47 roundabout project includes a single-lane roundabout at Hwy 47 and Verboort-Purdin Road. Additional improvements include bicycle and pedestrian facilities, street lighting, storm drainage improvements and utility upgrades. The project is expected to be completed in October.
The existing weight-limited timber bridge on Porter Road
over Council Creek is functionally obsolete and showing signs of decay. The old
bridge will replaced with a longer concrete bridge that will accommodate two
lanes of vehicle traffic, bicyclists and occasional farm equipment. The bulk of
the work is expected to be completed in December, with the final layer of
pavement scheduled for spring 2017.
For more information about the projects, visit the Verboort-Purdin/Hwy 47 roundabout website or the Porter Road Bridge website or contact Washington County Department of Land Use & Transportation at email@example.com or 503-846-7800. For the latest road construction schedules, visit www.wc-roads.com.
Washington County is committed to working with our partner agencies in planning, building and maintaining a great transportation system, ensuring the safety of all roadway users, and operating the County roadway system in a cost-effective and environmentally responsible manner.
Media Contact:Melissa De Lyser, Communications Coordinator