Comment on the Walker Road Phase 3 Project through Dec. 13
For Immediate Release: Friday, November 27, 2020
Walker Road will be widened to five lanes (two travel lanes in each direction with a center turn lane) with bike lanes and sidewalks between 173rd and 185th avenues.
The project also includes:
- Replacement of a culvert at Willow Creek
- Removal of a dip in road at the culvert
- Installation of a traffic signal at the Walker Road and 178th Avenue/Cambray Street intersection
- Installation of soundwalls
- Improvements to drainage and street lighting
The $10.5 million project is funded through the County’s Major Streets Transportation Improvement Program (MSTIP 3e).
Washington County is committed to planning, building and maintaining a great transportation system, ensuring the safety of all roadway users, and operating the County roadway system in cost-effective and environmentally responsible manner.
Media Contact:Heather Sturgill, Senior Communications Specialist/PIO