Cornelius Pass Road (Frances to Wilkins)
Washington County and the City of Hillsboro worked cooperatively to improve Cornelius Pass Road between Frances Street to just south of Wilkins Street.
Reason for Improvements
Due to growing residential and commercial development in the area, the traffic load continues to increase. The improvements will reduce congestion and improve safety.
- Replacement of the bridge at Beaverton Creek
- Widened Cornelius Pass Road to five lanes, including a center turn lane
- Installed street lights
- Added bike lanes and sidewalks
- Improved the Quatama Road intersection, including installation of a new traffic signal
- Installed a new waterline between Quatama and Baseline
- Replaced and relocated the existing waterline under Beaverton Creek
- Flood plain mitigation
- Storm and drainage facilities
- Water quality and detention facilities
- Added two through lanes in each direction at the Cornelius Pass and Quatama intersection
- 231st improvements between Baseline & the Light Rail tracks (continuous bike lanes & widened shoulders southbound & northbound) to improve pedestrian & bicycle safety.