Elwert Road/Kruger Road Intersection
A roundabout will be installed in place of the existing T-intersection of Elwert and Kruger roads, near Highway 99W. The new roundabout would be located several hundred feet further north from 99W on Elwert Road.
The Elwert Road leg of the proposed roundabout will be designed based on the City of Sherwood's road standards, which includes curbs, a meandering multiuse path on the west side of the road, street lighting, landscaping and drainage upgrades. The realigned Kruger Road leg of the roundabout will be constructed as a rural road section. The design is subject to change.
This project is adjacent to both incorporated (City of Sherwood) and unincorporated land. County staff will manage the design and construction for this project while working in close coordination with City of Sherwood staff.
In November 2016 Sherwood voters approved a Sherwood School District levy to construct a new high school. Because of the new school proximity to the roads, additional improvements to Elwert, Kruger, Haide and Orchard Hill roads, Sunset Boulevard and Highway 99W are required. The school district approached the County to incorporate additional road improvements into the Elwert/Kruger Intersection project. The project will be coordinated with design and construction of a new Sherwood School District high school.
- Major Streets Transportation Improvement Program (MSTIP): $9.1 million
- Sherwood School District: $11.8 million
- Sherwood TDT: $624,000
- Sherwood sewer work: $10,000
- Total estimated cost: $21.5 million
The total project cost includes the estimated cost of design, right-of-way and construction and is subject to change.
Stay informed! Sign-up for the Elwert-Kruger Intersection project e-newsletter.
- Access closes between Elwert/Kruger roads and Highway 99W
- Kruger Road opens; Haide and Elwert roads close
- Kruger Road closure expected to begin Dec. 4, 2019
- Elwert Road closure delayed
- Elwert Road closure begins Oct. 30, 2019
- Meet the Contractor for Elwert-Kruger Intersection Project is July 25, 2019
- Project Involvement Opportunity - May 31, 2018
- Open House - May 12, 2016