River Road (Rood Bridge to Davis)
This project is complete. The bridge opened October 20, 2009 with a Grand Opening celebration that included Hillsboro High School's marching band and their dance team. They were the first to walk across the beautiful new and improved bridge.
River Road bridge replacement and improvements went from Rood Bridge Road to Davis Road. The road was widened to three lanes.
- Replaced the bridge at Rock Creek with a new structure that is approximately 10-feet higher at the center and 184 feet long.
- Flood plain mitigation
- Storm and drainage facilities
- Water quality and detention ponds
- Street lighting
- Traffic signal at Davis Road
- Two travel lanes
- One center lane for turning movements
- Two bike lanes
- Sidewalks on both sides of the road
- New waterline between Rood Bridge and Witch Hazel Roads
- New pressurized sanitary sewer mainline for Clean Water Services