Tualatin-Sherwood Road (Highway 99W Crossing)
Tualatin Sherwood Road between Langer Farms Parkway (formerly Adams Avenue) and Borchers Drive currently experiences heavy traffic congestion, primarily during peak travel hours. In addition, this section of roadway intersects with Highway 99W, which is also heavily traveled.
This project will make needed improvements to Tualatin Sherwood Road/Roy Rogers Road, from Borchers Drive to Langer Farms Parkway. The project will improve traffic flow and circulation, improve safety for all modes of transportation, and accommodate anticipated future traffic capacity needs.
Proposed improvements include:
- Widening Tualatin Sherwood Road to include two westbound through lanes between Adams and Borchers.
- Widening east of Langer Farms Parkway to carry a second eastbound through lane beyond the Langer Farms intersection.
- Highway 99W intersection improvements, including:
- Adding eastbound-to-northbound dual left-turn lanes.
- Adding a westbound through-lane.
- Adding an eastbound-to-southbound dedicated right-turn lane.
- Adding a southbound-to-westbound dedicated right-turn lane.
- Widening 99W northbound with an additional lane from Tualatin Sherwood Road to Langer Farms Parkway.
- Addition of bike facilities on both sides of Tualatin Sherwood Road, between Borchers Drive and Langer Farms Parkway.
The County is also working with staff from the city of Sherwood, along with adjacent commercial property owners and business owners, to identify needed traffic signal modifications within the project limits.
This project will work in partnership with the Willamette Water Supply Program to coordinate installation of a new water supply line.
This $12 million project is funded through phases 3c and 3d of the County's Major Streets Transportation Improvement Program (MSTIP). The total project cost is an estimate that includes design, right-of-way and construction and is subject to change.
Consultant's website: http:\\tsroadproject.comConsultants:
Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc (HHPR) - Design Consultant