Walker Road Phase 3 - 173rd Avenue to 185th Avenue
About this project
We will widen Walker Road between 173rd and 185th avenues to five lanes, two vehicle travel lanes and center turn lane, with bike lanes and sidewalks.
Other improvements include:
- Replacing the culvert at Willow Creek
- Building a traffic signal at 178th Avenue/Cambray Street
- Upgrading storm drainage
- Improving street lighting
- Installing some sound walls
- Installing landscaping
This is the third phase of capacity improvements to Walker Road.
Construction start (expected): May 2022
Construction finish (expected): December 2023
Update 7/9/2021: Start of construction has been delayed to May 2022.
Sign up to receive project updates and open house announcements.
Cost: $10.5 million (2017 estimate)
- County Major Streets Transportation Improvement Program (MSTIP)
- Utility reimbursements
Prior events and comment opportunities
Online Open House - Nov. 30-Dec. 13, 2020
- Traffic conditions
- Design map
- Willow Creek Culvert
- Soundwalls and street lighting
- What's next
- Construction detour
- Meet the project team
June 3, 2020
Open House - Aug. 8, 2018