The Washington County Law Library was established by order of the Washington County Court on July 3, 1926. It is supported by Oregon legislative appropriation and operated by Washington County in consultation with the Circuit Court Presiding Judge and Washington County Bar Association. The Washington County Board of Commissioners issued a proclamation recognizing the Law Library's 90th anniversary in 2016.
When the Law Library opened at its current location in 1993, it was named to honor local attorney DeMar Batchelor. A dedicated civic leader who embodied the virtues and best of the legal profession, Batchelor practiced law in Hillsboro from 1963 until his unexpected passing in 1991.
Our mission is to provide research training and legal reference assistance, access to a variety of general and specialized legal information resources and tools, and a comfortable, welcoming, and usable space for everyone engaged with the justice system, including litigants and those facing legal issues, attorneys, court staff, the judiciary, and other governmental organizations.
Learn more about our: