For assistance use our Virtual Information Desk.
The Washington County Law Library is closed to in-person visits until further notice.
Members of the Oregon State Bar can borrow some materials through contactless checkout; see our CLE page for details.
LAW LIBRARY HOURS: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. - closed on County holidays.
- Physical address: 111 NE Lincoln Street, Suite 250-L | Hillsboro, OR 97124
- Directions to the Law Library
- Phone: (503) 846-8880
- Fax: (503) 846-3515
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Mailing address: 111 NE Lincoln St., MS 45 | Hillsboro, OR 97124-3036
WASHINGTON COUNTY LAW LIBRARY POLICIES:
Addition operational policies:
- Law Library Policy for Notary Public and Witness Services.
- Notary services are unavailable until further notice.
- PACER policy
- Collection Development Policy
The Washington County Law Library was established by order of the Washington County Court on July 3, 1926. It is supported by Oregon legislative appropriation and operated by Washington County in consultation with the Circuit Court Presiding Judge and Washington County Bar Association. The Washington County Board of Commissioners issued a proclamation recognizing the Law Library's 90th anniversary in 2016. This slide show (PDF) illuminates some of our history over those 90 years.
Our mission is to provide research training and legal reference assistance, access to a variety of general and specialized legal information resources and tools, and a comfortable, welcoming, and usable space for everyone engaged with the justice system, including litigants and those facing legal issues, attorneys, court staff, the judiciary, and other governmental organizations.