**The Law Library will occasionally have to open late, close early, or close from Noon - 1. This happens rarely, but it does happen. Please feel free to call ahead to confirm that the Law Library is open.**
Note: The Law Library will be closed on all county holidays.
- Physical address: 111 NE Lincoln Street, Suite 250-L | Hillsboro, OR 97124
- Mailing address: 111 NE Lincoln St., MS 45 | Hillsboro, OR 97124-3036
- Phone: (503) 846-8880
- Fax: (503) 846-3515
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Directions to the Law Library
- Google map
WASHINGTON COUNTY LAW LIBRARY POLICIES:
- The Law Library is not responsible for patrons' personal items.
- Children who are not conducting legal research of their own must remain under parent or guardian supervision at all times.
- The Law Library is located in a Washington County facility and all patrons are required to comply with County policies.
- Cell phone conversations are not permitted in the Law Library; cell phones must be turned off or set to no audible ring.
- Conference Room: Oregon State Bar (OSB) members may reserve the Conference Room.
- Wireless (Wi-Fi): The Law Library’s wireless service is for legal research purposes only. The wireless service is password protected and encrypted. Please ask at the Reception Desk for log-on instructions.
- Computer Use: The public workstations are for legal research only. Users may be limited to 30 minutes on the workstations. Please use table seating for research work space.
- Copiers and printers: Self-service, 10 cents a copy, cash or check.
- Law Library Policy for Notary Public and Witness Services.
- PACER policy
- Collection Development Policy
The Washington County Law Library was established
by order of the Washington County Court on July 3, 1926. It is supported by
Oregon legislative appropriation and operated by Washington County in
consultation with the Circuit Court Presiding Judge and Washington County Bar
Association. The Washington County Board of Commissioners issued a proclamation recognizing the Law Library's 90th anniversary in 2016. This slide show (PDF) illuminates some of our history over those 90 years.
Our mission is to provide research training and legal reference assistance, access to a variety of general and specialized legal information resources and tools, and a comfortable, welcoming, and usable space for everyone engaged with the justice system, including litigants and those facing legal issues, attorneys, court staff, the judiciary, and other governmental organizations.