Status Update: The Law Library is open by appointment only for limited in-person services. The Law Library continues to offer remote services as the primary means of helping patrons.
Current Service Levels:
|Conference Room Open||With Circuit Court Referral|
|Computer Use||Lexis and Westlaw only|
|Oregon eCourt Case Information||Yes|
|After Hours Access||No|
- As a supplement to remote services, patrons may make up to 4 hours of appointments per week and only one appointment per day.
- Advanced appointments can be made by phone or email (email@example.com). To see if same-day appointments are available call 503-846-8880. When requesting an appointment please include how long you will need in the Law Library for your legal research. Appointments will be made through mutually agreeable timing to help meet legal research needs in as few visits as possible.
- Patrons who do not show up without canceling at least 1 hour before the start of their appointment may be unable to make future appointments. Patrons who have not shown up by half-way through their appointment will count as a no-show.
Printing, Copying, Scanning:
- Current copy/print charges are $0.10 per sheet of paper; cash or check only.
- Properly worn face coverings will be required for in-person visits; a face covering will be provided if needed.
- Physical distancing of 6-feet from others must be maintained.
- Visitor information will be kept for the purpose of contact tracing.
- Attorneys who just want to borrow CLE materials are encouraged to use our contactless checkout service. See our CLE page for details.
See the Law Library's Patron Access and Conduct Policy for general rules of Law Library use.
The Law Library strives to serve our patrons' varied needs under the difficult protocols necessary to protect patrons and staff from COVID-19. The Law Library will monitor and evaluate the impact of its service model on staff and patrons and make adjustments as needed.