The Law Library is now offering in-person service by appointment only. The following limits will allow us to clean the space and protect patrons and staff:
- Appointments are only for legal research needs.
- Appointments will be limited to 45 minutes during set blocks of time, and only one patron will be allowed at a time.
- Your appointment will begin and end at the allotted times, regardless of when you actually show up.
- Patrons are required to wear masks; a mask will be provided if you do not have one.
- If you may need to print or copy during your visit, please have exact change; change will not be provided. Current copy/print charges are $0.10 per sheet of paper.
- When you enter you will be provided with a pen and paper. Please bring anything else you think you may need (e.g. highlighter, sharpie, clips).
- If your appointment includes use of a computer, it will automatically shut off at the end of your scheduled appointment.
- Computer use is only for legal research.
- Visitor logs will be kept for one year for contact tracing, per County policy. This information will be kept secure, and only used if someone is identified as being positive for COVID-19 while in the Law Library.
- Attorneys who just want to borrow CLE materials need to use our contactless checkout service. See our CLE page for details.
In order to make an appointment please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (503) 846-8145. Please tell us what your specific need is so we can be more specific in helping you.
Appointments cannot be made for the same day, and starting August 3, patrons must contact us by 4pm to request an appointment for the next business day.
Patrons who do not show up without canceling at least 1 hour before the start of their appointment may be unable to make future appointments.
See the Law Library's Patron Access and Conduct Policy for general rules of Law Library use.