Sex Offender Registration

Hands filling out paperwork on a clipboard

Due to COVID-19, as of 3/23/20, there will be no in-person registrations.

Sex Offender Registration is Mandatory

Oregon law requires adults and juveniles who have been convicted of a registerable sex crime to be registered as a registered sex offender with the State of Oregon. The requirements apply to all offenders who live, work, or attend school in Oregon.


Registration is for life, unless the person is released by the court.


Sex offender registration is designed to help law enforcement identify sex offenders in the community, prevent future sex offenses, and to help track the most dangerous predatory and sexually violent offenders.


All reporting, until further notice, will be captured over the phone. This will involve the below process. A reporting event is not completed until the entire process has been completed.

  • Call WCSO at (503) 846-2500 and leave a voicemail to include the following information. Please speak clearly.
        a) Your full name.
        b) A phone number you can be reached at.
        c) Reason for needing to report (annual, change of residence, etc.).

  • Someone from the WCSO will call you back during regular business hours. Messages left after regular business hours will be addressed the following business day.

Due to staffing and operations, we may not be able to call you back the same day. Please ensure you can be reached (or able to receive a message) at the phone number you provided.

Leaving a message does not satisfy your reporting requirements. A WCSO employee will still need to talk with you to facilitate submitting your updated information to the Oregon State Police.

How Registration Works

All registered sex offenders are required to report to a law enforcement agency in the county that they reside in under any of the following circumstances:

  • Within 10 days of any changes of residence.

  • Once each year within 10 days of the person's birth date, regardless of whether the person recently changed residence or otherwise reported.

  • Within 10 days of the first day the person works at, carries on a vocation at, or attends an institution of higher education.

  • Within 10 days of a change in work, vocation, or attendance status at an institution of higher education.


Effective January 2021, all registered sex offenders will also be required to report:

  • Within 10 days of a legal name change.

  • At least 21 days prior to any intended travel outside of the United States.

Registered sex offenders who reside in another state are still required to report with the State of Oregon if working or attending school in the State of Oregon.


Due to COVID-19 the below locations are closed for in-person registrations until further notice.
The Washington County Sheriff's Office offers sex offender registration at two locations:

Law Enforcement Center

215 SW Adams Avenue

Hillsboro, Oregon

Sheriff's Office East Precinct

3700 SW Murray Boulevard

Beaverton, Oregon


Both locations are open for reporting purposes Monday through Friday, except holidays, from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. No appointment is needed and the process takes 15-30 minutes.


Other law enforcement agencies in Washington County may also be able to assist with sex offender registrations. Please call them directly for additional details.


To register, each offender should bring the following information:

  • Photo identification

  • A copy of the judgment of conviction for an initial report


If you do not have the items listed above, still come in because you may be able to register anyway.


Each offender is required to be photographed and their fingerprints must be on file. There is no registration fee.

For additional details regarding sex offender reporting in the State of Oregon, visit the Oregon State Police website.

Applying for Relief from Reporting

Only registrants with a Notification Level I are eligible to be granted relief from registration: Registrants with a Notification Level II or III may be elgibile to apply for reclassification.


The offender must apply for relief or reclassification to the Oregon Board of Parole.