Vehicles and Parking
NEIGHBORHOOD LIVABILITY IMPROVEMENTS
If you live in the Enhanced Sheriff's Patrol District, new enhancements to the Towing and Parking Ordinance took effect on January 1, 2018. If you live in the ESPD and notice any of the following violations, please call non-emergency dispatch: 503-629-0111.
- No person shall use a vehicle or recreational vehicle for overnight lodging on a public right of way for a period in excess of 48 hours at the same location or within a two-mile radius of the same location.
- No person shall park a recreational vehicle on a residential street within the Enhanced Sheriff's Patrol District for a period in excess of four days (96 consecutive hours) in any 28-day period.
- No person shall park a commercial vehicle, as that term is defined in ORS 801.208, on a residential street within the Enhanced Sheriff's Patrol District.
- No person shall park in front of the entrance of any place where mail is received or within ten feet of a mailbox during the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
- A vehicle shall not be parked on a public street or public right of way without license plates, with expired tags, with expired registration, or with expired temporary licensing permit.
- No person shall park a vehicle in a manner which interferes with use of the right-of-way, the safe flow of traffic or obstructs the view of other drivers.