Real Property Auction
THERE ARE NO AUCTIONS SCHEDULED AT THIS TIME.
Scroll down the page to see a list of the parcels that were offered at the May 16, 2018 auction.
Please check back again or sign-up below to be notified when the next auction is scheduled.
The Board of County Commissioners will offer for sale, to the highest and best bidder at public auction, certain parcels of surplus County Real property. Each auction has the following general terms and conditions:
1. The auction will be oral.
2. The auction will be conducted by the Washington County Department of Support Services –Facilities and Park Services Division under the authority of the Washington County Sheriff.
3. Properties will be sold individually or grouped as indicated.
4. Unless otherwise noted, a twenty percent (20%) deposit will be required at the time of sale. This deposit will be forfeited, if the buyer does not complete the sale. The balance will be due at closing.
5. The County will accept cash, cashier's check or certified funds checks for the deposit and the remaining payment due.
6. The County will obtain a preliminary title report on each property, when possible, and will make the preliminary title report available for inspection prior to the sale as provided below.
7. The County will convey property through a quitclaim deed except as expressly noted.
8. All sales shall be final and refunds will not be made after an offer is accepted by the County.
9. Failure to complete payment within 30 days after notice from the County that closing papers are ready will void the sale and the property will remain under the County's ownership. Purchaser will forfeit the twenty percent (20%) deposit, if the sale is not completed.
10. The County will record all appropriate documents to convey title at closing. Fees for recording will be added to the purchase price of the property and paid by the purchaser.
11.Washington County reserves the right to remove any parcel or parcels from the sale for any reason up to the time of sale.
12. Notebooks with information for each property will be available for viewing at the Washington County Facilities and Parks Services office, 169 North First Street, Hillsboro for approximately four weeks prior to the auction. The County does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the available information. It is the prospective purchaser's responsibility to research all factual and legal matters affecting the property prior to submitting a bid.
13. The Board of County Commissioners reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids.
Washington County will not warrant or defend the fee simple title to the listed properties as free of defects or encumbrances. All properties listed are subject to all easements, liens, conditions and restrictions of record.
Washington County will not furnish a survey or provide title insurance in any form. Dimensions identified on maps or in other information are approximate and may or may not represent the actual property boundaries. Prospective purchasers are advised to consult with legal counsel, a title insurance company, or others as appropriate prior to purchase.
Click here to review a list of Frequently Asked Questions about the auction process.
AUCTION LIST AND RESULTS FROM MAY 16, 2018 AUCTION
There were two parcels that did not receive bids at the auction on May 16, 2018.
- Parcel #4 sold through private sale on January 25, 2019.
- Parcel #31 is not for sale.
For further information on the auction process, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Sales in other Oregon Counties
This is a partial list of Public Sales in other Oregon counties. Washington County has no jurisdiction or information for these courtesy postings.
Note: there are no auctions at this time.
Email Notification List
Submit the form below to be placed on the email list to be notified when future Washington County real property auctions are scheduled. A notice will be sent out approximately 2 months prior to the auction.