How to Testify at the Budget Hearing
The Washington County Budget Committee welcomes public participation at its meetings.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Budget Committee remains committed to broad community engagement and transparency of government and will host virtual budget committee meetings on Zoom.
To provide public testimony for a meeting via Zoom by phone or online, you must register using the form link here.
You can also register by phone or submit written testimony by calling 503-846-8685.
Submissions must be received 24 hours prior to the meeting date.
Following registration, you will receive an email with further instructions.
The Budget Committee asks that the following guidelines be observed during public testimony:
- Please follow registration procedures listed above.
- When your name is announced, state your name for the record.
- Groups or organizations wishing to make a presentation are asked to designate one spokesperson in the interest of time and to avoid repetition.
- When more than one person is heard on any matter, please avoid repetition in your comments. Careful attention to the previous speaker's remarks will be helpful in this regard.
Public Testimony Time Limits
Public testimony for the budget may be presented within the following time limits:
- 3 minutes for individuals
- 10 minutes for community organizations
Notwithstanding the above, the Presiding Officer may limit the time and number of persons appearing in the interest of facilitating the orderly business of the Budget Committee, unless a majority of the Budget Committee rules otherwise.