Retirement Plans

Voya Logo

457b Deferred Compensation Plan

Voya Financial
5331 SW Macadam Ave Stem 365
Portland, OR 97239

Washington County emloyees are invited to participate in the 457b Deferred Compensation Plan. This voluntary program allows you to save money and defer taxes until you take distribution at retirement. 

Washignton County has added a Roth option to the list of ways to save for retirement. This allows you to contribute to your Deferred Compensation plan on a post-tax basis. 

2022 contribution limits:

Under age 50: $20,500
Age 50 and over: $27,000

How to participate:

Existing participants:


Financial Resources:


Financial Wellness Resources

Other Benefits: 



If you are working in a PERS-covered position, you will be enrolled in the PERS program automatically after fulfilling the required waiting period (6 months for most employees).

  • If you have already satisfied the 6-month waiting period, then you will be enrolled immediately.
  • Most PERS eligible employees pay a 6% employee contribution.
  • The County "picks-up" this 6% employee contribution for members of Washington County Police Officers Association (WCPOA).

Oregon Public Services Retirement Plan & IAP-Individual Account Program
1-888-320-7377 toll free
503-598-0561 fax

Physical Address
11410 SW 68th Parkway
Tigard, OR 97223

Mailing Address
PO Box 23700
Tigard, OR 97281


I Want to Retire information

Work After PERS Retirement:

PERS retirees who return to work for a PERS-participating employer are subject to restrictions on the number of hours they are permitted to work in any calendar year. The limit is determined first by tier (Tier 1/Tier 2, OPSRP), and then by factors specific to each tier.

Retirees are responsible for ensuring that they do not exceed the applicable hours limit in any given year. PERS strictly enforces penalties for doing so. Please refer to the below documents and the PERS website for details.*


*Please note that while we strive to provide our employees with the most up-to-date information, PERS is always the best resource for questions about your PERS retirement.

PERS/OPSRP Resources & Forms 

PERS/OPSRP Name and Address Change

Contact Human Resources to change your name and/or address

Beneficiary Forms

PERS Tier 1&2 Beneficiary Forms 
(requires both forms below):

OPSRP Beneficiary Form:

PERS Police & Fire Unit Benefits

PERS Police & Fire Unit Info 
(for Tier 1&2 members only):