Washington County supports the development of a Wellness Program and encourages employees to explore resources and participate in activities that may lead to a happier and healthier way of life. A wellness committee was formed, comprised of a cross-section of employees representing various departments of Washington County.
Wellness Committee members have committed to:
- Partner with and support the Wellness Program coordinator in County health and wellness initiatives and activities.
- Attend and participate in regular meetings of the Wellness Committee.
- Assist with assessing employee needs and preferences and evaluating current programs and services that are available in our workplace.
- Assist with developing a goals and objectives of the Wellness Program and implementing, monitoring, and evaluating Wellness Program activities.
- Share ideas, needs, concerns and feedback from work areas and colleagues about proposed Wellness Program strategies, policies, and programs.
- Suggest effective Wellness Program communication strategies and use a variety of methods to communicate the message from the Wellness Committee to work areas and colleagues.
Have Information to Share?
Do you have a health and wellness story to share? Have an idea or comment for the Wellness Committee? Or, want to know who your department's wellness committee members are? Send us an email at EmployeeWellness@co.washington.or.us.