Wellness Program Incentive
Welcome to 2020! We are excited to announce a new Wellness Incentive year!
The new Wellness Incentive year starts January 1st. Completion of the activities listed below by October 31, 2020 will qualify you for an additional 5% premium share for your health insurance benefits in 2021!
- Complete your Vitality Health Review (VHR) on the Vitality website. If you have current biometric screening results, include those under the Conditions and Measure section of the VHR. (Check the box next to 'I'm not sure' if you do not have your current numbers); and
- Select and complete wellness activities throughout the year and track them on the Vitality website to earn a minimum of 1,200 Vitality points. You will find many activities to choose from and their corresponding Vitality Points by going to the Points Planner on the website.
Find more information about the Wellness incentive by choosing this link. Note: Biometric screenings are not required this year.
Washington County Receives Healthiest Employer Award
Washington County's commitment to employee wellness has been recognized by the Portland Business Journal with their Healthiest Employer Award for the fifth year in a row.
In 2019, Washington County was honored with winning 7th place in the Portland Business Journal Healthiest Employer Award. The Washington County Wellness Program has been a part of the Washington County culture since 2012 when the County first began offering our employees assistance to take charge of their health and wellness. Our program is unique through the diversity of our employees and departments. Many of our program offerings are developed and created by internal employees working together on the Wellness Committee to bring a variety of ideas that create a healthy workplace. The program is a voluntary program, and participation has grown from 5% the first year to over 85% currently.
Washington County is proud to receive this award and we will continue to make the health and wellness of our staff a priority.
Resources to Keep You and Your Family Well
Wellness Connections Newsletter - Our goal is to give you resources to keep you and your family resilient and well.
- April 2nd, 2020 Wellness Connections Newsletter
- April 9th, 2020 Wellness Connections Newsletter
- April 16th, 2020 Wellness Connections Newsletter
- April 23rd, 2020 Wellness Connections Newsletter
- April 30th, 2020 Wellness Connections Newsletter
- May 7th, 2020 Wellness Connections Newsletter
- May 14th, 2020 Wellness Connections Newsletter
- May 21st, 2020 Wellness Connections Newsletter
About the Program
The Washington County Wellness Program is designed to provide community resources, education and programs that encourage County employees to make healthy lifestyle choices, which will serve to strengthen the existing culture of health, leading to healthier, happier and more effective employees.
The Wellness Committee is comprised of "Wellness Champions" - a group of employees representing various departments of Washington County. Through monthly meetings, the committee is dedicated to developing resources, education materials and activities that support the wellness program mission.
To support a culture of wellness by enhancing opportunities for employees to develop healthier lifestyles.
A thorough assessment of healthcare utilization, work environments and employee wellness interests was completed to assist with developing the Wellness Program action plan. To learn more about the assessment, read the Wellness Program Assessment Summary.
Support Employees with Healthy Meetings
In July, guidelines for Healthy & Sustainable Meetings were approved by Washington County Administrative Office. By incorporating sustainability and health considerations in meeting and event coordination decisions, the County hopes to promote practices that conserve resources, improve employee well-being, and encourage responsible behaviors.
When planning your next meeting or event use the Healthy Meeting Guidelines and Sustainable Meeting and Event Guidelines, to create an environment that will help your coworkers feel healthier and more energized so they can perform their best. Support your co-workers by posting the Healthy and Sustainable Tips for Meetings poster in employee common areas.
Looking for Wellness Resources?
Questions?Email us at EmployeeWellness@co.washington.or.us.
Healthy Employees. Healthy County.