- Forest Grove Police Department — 2102 Pacific Ave, Forest Grove, 97116, 503-992-3260
- Sherwood Police Department — 20495 SW Borchers Dr, Sherwood, 97140, 503-625-5523
- Tigard Police Department — 13125 SW Hall Blvd, Tigard, 97223, 503-718-2561
- Providence Tanasbourne Pharmacy — 18610 NW Cornell Rd #102, Hillsboro, 97124, 503-216-9020
- Medical Office Building Pharmacy — 9155 SW Barnes Rd, Portland, 97225, 503-216-2630
Walgreens — 14600 SW Murray Scholls Dr, Beaverton, 97007, 503-579-1878
Medical syringes, lancets and needles (sharps)
Collection and disposal options
Approved sharps containers are rigid, leakproof, puncture-resistant, sealed and clearly marked with the bio-hazard symbol. Containers, such as plastic milk jugs and coffee cans, are not safe for sharps storage. Select an approved method to dispose of sharps from the choices below:
- Join a pharmacy container exchange program — Many area pharmacies offer sharps disposal and container exchange programs that provide containers (picture to the right). Bi-Mart and Fred Meyer stores offer a program for a small fee.
- Drop off at a Metro collection facility — Metro's Sharps Disposal and Container Exchange Program allows area residents to bring used sharps stored in approved sharps containers to Metro's hazardous waste facilities. Participants can dispose of used sharps and receive a new container at minimal to no charge.
- Drop off at a Metro hazardous waste neighborhood collection event — Residents can bring used sharps and other household hazardous waste to nearby Metro household hazardous waste collection event for safe collection.
- Subscribe to other collection service — In Washington County, sharps and other medical waste may be collected through your local hauler or by a sub-contractor.
- Mail them in — Some haulers and other vendors may offer sharps-by-mail service — a safe, confidential, "from home" mailing solution for sharps disposal. Check with your hauler for options.
Used sharps container drop-off locations in Washington County
To find a facility nearest you that accepted used sharps for safe disposal, enter your address in the What to Recycle and Where lookup tool. Contact the facility for hours of operation and disposal or program fees.
- English/Spanish Sharps Collection Option Brochure — collection options, drop-off locations and safe handling
- Oregon DEQ infectious waste disposal laws
- Oregon Metro Sharps Container Exchange Program brochure
If you need additional information or have any questions contact us at 503-846-3605 or at email@example.com.