Homeless Counts and PIT Resources
Point-in-Time (PIT) Homeless Count
Since 2003, HUD has required continuums across our nation to report the number of people who are homeless at a particular time of the year (in the last week of January). The annual homeless count facilitates the need for continuums to collect data and report on the number of homeless. The data is used for (1) housing and service planning, (2) demonstrating need, (3) raising public awareness, (4) accurately identifying the needs population, e.g. chronically homeless and veterans, and (5) measuring performance in reducing/ending homelessness.
Recent Point In Time Homeless Count Data
- 2019 PIT Summary for OR-506CoC (Federal only)
- 2018 PIT Summary for OR-506CoC (Federal only)
- 2017 PIT Summary for OR-506CoC (Federal only)
- 2016 PIT Summary for OR-506CoC (Federal only) and 2016 PIT Local Summary (Federal and State Definition Definitions)
- 2015 PIT Summary for OR-506CoC (Federal only) and 2015 PIT Local Summary for OR-506CoC (Federal and State to include doubled-up)
- 2014 PIT Summary for OR-506CoC (Federal only) and 2014 PIT Local Summary for OR-506CoC (Federal and State Definition)
- 2013 PIT Summary for OR-506CoC
- 2012 Homeless Count Data Summary
- 2011 Homeless Count
- 2010 Homeless Count
- 2009 Homeless Count
- 2008 Homeless Count
- 2007 Homeless Count
- 2006 Homeless Count
Opportunities to Participate in the Annual Point-in-Time Homeless Count
The Homeless Count Subcommittee meets regularly to plan and implement the annual street and shelter Point-in-Time (PIT) Homeless Count.
Contact: Pat Rogers with Community Action
Due to the vulnerability of individuals who will be contacted in the PIT, anyone who will be serving as a PIT volunteer is required to attend training on facts about homelessness, safety practices, and how to administer the PIT interview. This training will be available in person and as an online video and quiz.
Currently training is scheduled for:
- Tuesday, 1/8/19, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.: Beaverton City Library - Room B
- Wednesday, 1/9/19, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.: Beaverton City Library - Room AB
- Tuesday, 1/15/19, 10:00 to 12:00 noon: Hillsboro Civic Center
- Wednesday, 1/16/19, 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.: Tigard City Hall
To apply to be a volunteer and to sign up for the training opportunities listed above, click on this link for the 2019 Point-In-Time Application.
Volunteer or Donate
The street outreach is performed by teams of volunteers aligned with a lead outreach staff. To volunteer your time or donations of new socks, hygiene supplies, etc., please contact Pat Rogers with Community Action.
Donation Wish List
- Warm and water proof hats and gloves (Please no Dollar Tree items)
- Meal Bars
- Gift cards to get a hot meal (McDonalds)
- Hand/Foot Warmers
- Hygiene Items
Annual Homeless Assessment Report (AHAR)
What is the AHAR?
The Annual Homeless Assessment Report (AHAR) is a report to the U.S. Congress on the extent and nature of homelessness in America. The report is prepared by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and provides nationwide estimates of homelessness, including information about the demographic characteristics of homeless persons, service use patterns, and the capacity to house homeless persons. The report is based primarily on Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS) data about persons who experience homelessness during a 12-month period. The report does not include homeless in safe haven and rapid re-housing programs.
The reports below represent the data collection by providers of emergency shelter, transitional housing and permanent supportive housing in Washington County's Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) for clients served between October 1 and September 30.
- 2018 LSA/AHAR Adult-Only Households Adult with Child Households Child Only Households
- 2017 AHAR All Persons Veterans Only
- 2016 AHAR All Persons Veterans Only
- 2015 AHAR All Persons Veterans Only
- 2014 AHAR All Persons Veterans Only
- 2013 AHAR All Persons Veterans Only
- 2012 AHAR All Persons Veterans Only
- 2011 AHAR All Persons Veterans Only
- 2010 AHAR
- 2009 AHAR