Washington County Sheriff, Oregon
Message To The Washington County Community
Everyone at the Sheriff's Office understands that during the COVID-19 crisis it's extremely important to keep you safe, along with our staff and those in our custody. I am proud of our team for doing their best to keep everyone safe under challenging circumstances. Using guidance from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, state and local health professionals, we implemented temporary changes to maximize health and safety, while continuing to deliver vital public safety services in our community. Because this situation continues to evolve quickly, please check back periodically to see updated procedures. To learn more, click here.
Sincerely, Sheriff Pat Garrett
WCSO COVID-19 UPDATES
- Only one person will be allowed in the Records lobby at a time and a line will be established in the main lobby.
- Public is required to sanitize hands and wear a face covering.
- Staff will be required to wear gloves and face covering when providing services.
Civil and Concealed Handgun License will open for regular business hours with services listed below.
- Resume statutory requirements on Concealed Handgun Licenses (CHL).
- Accept in-person civil documents.
- Take in drop off Alarm Permit Applications.
- Resume CHL and employment fingerprinting.
- Continue CHL renewals by mail only.
- Public will be required to sanitize hands and wear face coverings.
- Staff will be required to wear gloves and a face covering when providing services.
Investigations Lobby remains closed.
Bethany and East Precinct Lobby hours will be open for regular businees hours with the below listed services.
- General inquires.
- Releasing reports.
Our thoughts are with everyone affected by COVID-19. We strive to support our community and ensure public safety during these difficult times. This means our hiring processes will continue. We've made adjustments to ensure our applicants' safety, limit person to person contact and moving to remote communication when possible. If you find yourself ready to explore a career in law enforcement or corrections, we are here to talk with you.
As one of the largest and most innovative law enforcement agencies serving an ever-growing community of 600,000, there are lots of ways to get involved with the Washington County Sheriff's Office right now. We’re an agency looking to expertly teach, assist, and lead people who aspire to make our community one of the safest in Oregon. We raise the bar in law enforcement in the 21st century by building a culture of trust through constant training and relentless pursuit of self-improvement.
JAIL/PATROL DEPUTIES: We hire entry-level and lateral law enforcement officers four times per year. For 2020, these dates are February 24, May 30, August 30, and November 20. Check out our awesome new recruitment website to learn how you can put on the uniform and badge: JoinWCSO.com