Find residential permit applications, forms, design criteria and checklists below.
How to submit applications:
- Email: Once a permit has been set, you will be sent a paying any associated fees link.
- In office: Permits requiring plan review can be submitted in office.
- Online via ProjectDox: All plan review submittals through this online electronic plan review system.
Please note: Permit set up can take up to 72 hours.
Contractors only: Residential electrical, plumbing and mechanical-only permits may be purchased online through Oregon ePermitting.
Seasonal: Prescriptive deck guide
***Applications must be physically or digitally signed. If you are signing digitally, you must open the application in Internet Explorer or PDF Reader. The signature fields do not work if you are using Chrome***
Permit Applications and Forms
- Building Permit Application
- Electrical Permit Application
- Renewable Electrical Energy Permit Application
- Mechanical Permit Application
- Plumbing Permit Application
- Grading Permit Application
- Revision Submittal Form
- Manufactured Dwelling Placement Permit Application
- Equipment Installation Permit
- NFPA 13D Permit Application (same as the regular Building Permit application)
- High Efficiency Lighting and Moisture Sensitive Wood Form
- Alternate Methods, Design and Materials of Construction Form
- Important Notice
- Homeowner Form
- Deferred Submittal Notice
Residential Guidelines & Checklists
- Residential Plans Submittal Checklist - Paper Submittal
- Residential Plans Submittal Checklist - Electronic Submittal
- NFPA 13D Sprinkler System Checklist
- NFPA 13R Sprinkler System Checklist (for residential structures regulated by the O.S.S.C.)
- Residential Engineering Design Submittal Checklist
- General Grading Permit Submittal Package Checklist
- Onsite Stormwater Requirements
- Retaining Wall Permit Requirements
- Engineering Structural Design Criteria
- Oregon Solar Installation Specialty Code Check List
Fees and Payments
- Electrical Plan Review for Complex Structures
- Permit Jurisdictions
- Electronic Plan Review - EPR - ProjectDox
- State of Oregon Construction Contractors' Board
- Online Inspection Guide