Find residential permit applications, forms and checklists below.
Residential prescriptive design criteria:
- Seismic: Design Category D1
- Ultimate wind speed: 120 mph
- Roof snow load: 25 psf below 400 ft elevation. Other elevations can be found here.
- Frost depth: 12 inches
- Weather classification: moderate
How to submit applications:
- Once a permit has been setup a permit technician will send a link for paying any associated fees.
- Fax: 503-846-3993
- Please remember to include a contact name and email.
- In office
- Please note: Permits requiring plan review must be submitted in office.
Contractors only: Residential electrical, plumbing and mechanical only permits may be purchased online through e-permits.
Permit Applications and Forms
- Building Permit Application
- Electrical Permit Application
- Renewable Electrical Energy Permit Application
- Mechanical Permit Application
- Plumbing Permit Application
- Grading Permit Application
- Revision Submittal Form
- Manufactured Dwelling Placement Permit Application
- Equipment Installation Permit
- NFPA 13D Permit Application (same as the regular Building Permit application)
- High Efficiency Lighting and Moisture Sensitive Wood Form
- Alternate Methods, Design and Materials of Construction Form
- Important Notice
Residential Guidelines & Checklists
- Residential Plans Submittal Checklist
- NFPA 13D Sprinkler System Checklist
- NFPA 13R Sprinkler System Checklist (for residential structures regulated by the O.S.S.C.)
- Residential Engineering Design Submittal Checklist
- General Grading Permit Submittal Package Checklist
- Onsite Stormwater Requirements
- Retaining Wall Permit Requirements
- Residential Prescriptive Design Criteria
- Engineering Structural Design Criteria
- Oregon Solar Installation Specialty Code Check List
Fees and Payments
- Electrical Plan Review for Complex Structures
- Permit Jurisdictions
- Electronic Plan Review - EPR - ProjectDox
- State of Oregon Construction Contractors' Board